Percy Jackson and the Olympians

By: Rick Riordan

I recently read the Percy Jackson (PJO) series by Rick Riordan and I'm not sure what took me so long! This was such a fun and adventurous series and quickly became a favorite of mine. I adored Percy and his sense of humor in each situation he faced along with his Camp Half-Blood friends.

My favorite character from the series was Nico. I'm told he plays more of a role on the Heroes of Olympus series so I'm very eager to start reading that series soon. I also loved Blackjack! He was extremely entertaining and always stole the scenes for me.

A couple of the books were a little slow for me in parts but overall I gave the series a 5-star rating. I was anxious to see each new obstacle put in front of the demi gods and how they would make it out. Out of the series, book 5 was my favorite. I really felt like the characters came into their own in that book.

Have you read this series? What were your thoughts? I'd love to know who your favorite and least favorite characters are from the series.

Rating: 5 STAR

Some favorite quotes:

"Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes."

"The sea does not like to be restrained."

"Knowledge isn't always good for you."

“God alert!" Blackjack yelled. "It's the wine dude!
Mr. D sighed in exasperation. "The next person, or horse, who calls me the 'wine dude' will end up in a bottle of Merlot!”

 “Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong.”

“It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.” 


Peace, Love and Books,
Shelly



Comments

Popular Posts